Check out these 5 ways system downtime is holding your company back from reaching more clients and increasing revenue.
- Lost production: When your network is down, your employees can’t do their work effectively, but you’re still paying out salaries and other operating costs.
- Missed opportunities: An offline system can’t generate leads and loses potential customers.
- Brand damage: Constant network issues affects your brand’s reputation and can have long-term effects to your company’s credibility and ability to deliver products and services.
- Data loss: System downtime can lead to data loss that can cost companies money and put sensitive information in jeopardy.
- Contract payouts: Companies with SLA uptime contracts may get hit with a bill for compensation to third-party cloud services for recurring instances of system downtime.